Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nutella Cheesecake

So, I decided I wanted to mix my two favorite things: Nutella and cheesecake! It's still in the fridge waiting for my husband to come home so we can eat it for dinner, but I'm not sure I can wait much longer! And considering I just sort of made it up as I went, it came out AMAZING.

What you will need:

- A jar of nutella (I used a 26 oz jar)

- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened

- 1 egg

- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract

- pie crust (I used a chocolate crust)

Here's how to make it:

1. Make sure your cream cheese is softened. You can do this two ways. You can wait for it to soften on your counter. Or you can put both blocks on a plate and microwave it for 15 seconds. Once that is done, flip them over and microwave them for another 15 seconds. Oh and preheat your oven to 300.

2. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese until it's smooth.
This is SO much easier to do with an electric mixer. I don't have one of those, so I did it by hand. I got it "smooth enough", there were still a few lumps, but I didn't care. (UPDATE! I have an electric mixer now! And this is easiest using dough hooks instead of the beaters)

3. Mix in the egg and vanilla until smooth.

4. Ok, here's the fun part. Mix in your Nutella. I did one or two heaping tablespoons at a time. It ended up being about half of the jar. If I make this again, I will probably use a little less, because I like the cheesecake flavor to pop more than whatever other flavor is in it.

5. MIX MIX MIX MIX MIX MIX MIX MIX until it's smooth. Once again, I did this by hand. So there are still small lumps of the cream cheese in mine. And that's ok. It still tastes awesome. It's just not the most beautiful thing in the world.

6. Pour the mixture into your crust and smooth it out.

7. Pop it in the oven for about 20 minutes (I ended up doing 15 because my oven cooks really fast for some reason. For some it may be 15, for others it may be 25)

8. While it's cooking, feel free to lick the bowl (yes! Even though there is egg in it!) because it is divine.

9. Put it in the fridge for 3-4 hours and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment